Best Sustainable Salon Hair Care for 2019 - Eco-Friendly Hair Salon Products that will save your hair and the planet
Care for your Hair and the Earth
If you’re passionate about a sustainable lifestyle, animals and the planet, why should you need to compromise when you go to a hair salon?
Not to mention that every day people uses random hair products in their bathroom, and they don’t even know what they’re rubbing into their scalps.
It’s surprising what we put into our hair without thinking!
Many hair care products contain toxic ingredients such as, phthalates, parabens, ammonia and sodium laureth sulphate.
A lot of these toxic ingredients causes issues such as irritated skin, damaged hair and so much more! So, leave it to the team at One Hair Salon to know what’s going on your hair and into the environment instead of you going in blind and hoping for the best.
As a sustainable hair salon in Perth, we choose to support brands that are in aligned with our values to help the environment and the people, to bring a change for a more natural and sustainable haircare solution! Kevin.Murphy is the perfect brand that we use in the salon as it cares for your hair and also the Earth!
How are the products healthy for your hair you may ask!
Kevin.Murphy uses only sulphate free surfactants that effectively cleanses your hair and scalp from excessive oils and dirt. It does this without depleting and stripping the hair of its colour. Which is always a great point, as it saves you money because you’ll need less salon sessions and treatments!
Kevin.Murphy products uses fruit acids also called AHAs that is derived from Citrus, Papaya, and Sugar Cane that exfoliate the hair surface gently without drying or damaging your hair. This will also mean that they are ammonia and sulphate free! So goodbye damaged hair and hello healthy hair!
If you can’t feel clean without a good lather and big bubbles, fret not!
Kevin.Murphy is an eco-friendly brand with products that contain natural surfactants from the Soap Bark Tree, and other plant-derived sources. So, you know what’s going into your hair is all natural and toxic free! Not to mention that it will allow you to create a rich lather, which is always great as I always feel cleaner when I get a great lather on!
✓ Moisturise and Nourish
The product will moisturise and nourish your hair, as all of their products are naturally sulphate and paraben free. Your hair and scalp will thank you!
Ocean Friendly Packaging!
Kevin.Murphy’s newest packaging is made through cleaning up oceans and reclaiming that plastic to be made into packaging for their products. This will mean that their product packaging is made from 100% recycled ocean plastics. The turtles and dolphins will thank you for your support!
Currently only 9% of our world’s plastics are recycled and every minute, one garbage truck full of plastic is dumped into our oceans, polluting our beautiful waters and harming our marine life. Making Kevin.Murphy an easy choice for our salon, as we share the same passion for protecting the environment and the animals that we share our world with!
CRUELTY - FREE!!!
Not to mention their products are all cruelty-free! PETA, who is the largest animal rights organisation in the world, has proudly accepted Kevin.Murphy as one of their recommended ‘Cruelty Free’ companies.
Other great stuff One Hair Salon does to help our environment in Perth!
- We only use natural products that are ammonia, sulphate and cruelty free.
- We recycle 90% of our product packaging as well as our foils.
- We also offer formaldehyde-free keratin straightening.
- Our Products are also 100% cruelty-free and organic!
- We only use extensions that are 100% traceable, ethically sourced human hair.
What you can do to help reduce your waste:
- Do not accept single-use plastics at restaurants.
- Buy keep cups or bring your own coffee cups to hold your coffee or tea instead of using a disposable coffee cup.
- Refuse to use single use plastic products like plastic wrap and Ziploc bags. For short term storage, paper bags work equally well!
- Buy reusable water bottles instead of using plastic water bottles.
- Repurpose plastic containers for plant and supply holders.
- Refuse plastic office supplies such as plastic paper clips and plastic document holders.
- Don’t buy takeaway meals served in plastic/Styrofoam containers served with plastic utensils. Or better still bring your own containers!